Sportpaleis Groep works with a large number of volunteers to organise its events and shows. This usually involved a lot of overhead and manual work. We were asked to help decentralise the entire process for staffing, follow-up and planning of staff-members in the form of a self-managing digital solution.
Important points for attention were:
- decentralization of operational work
- central monitoring and adjustment by Sportpaleis via reporting / dashboarding
- qualitative capturing of data from operational work
- always on: apps available online and offline
- high ease of use and high user adoption
- BYOD (bring your own device)
In a series of interactive workshops the outlines were discussed, clarified and drawn by a mixed team of AppFoundry / Xplore Group and Sportpaleis key players.
In co-creation with Sportpaleis' own developers we realised the perfect solution, consisting of:
- a scalable and robust cloud backend
- 2 beautifully designed and highly useable mobile apps for iOS and Android
- a clear and user-friendly web admin solution
A selection of the new functionalities:
- self-registration of contact details for new staff members
- digital access control at Sportpaleis venues
- dynamic planning of staff members in function of ticket sales
- digital agenda for staff members
- up-to-date job briefings
- registration of operational actions (arrival, departure, ...) for social inspection, fire brigade, invoicing, ...
- digital communication channel in mobile app for employee teams
- possibility for digital reporting of technical problems or unsafe situations on site